Bored of the usual, bland oatmeal breakfast you typically start your morning with? Good news! We have three mouth-watering protein oatmeal recipes to help shake up your routine and properly fuel you for the day ahead. These no-fuss, purely delicious, protein-rich oatmeal delights will surely make your day.
Follow these recipes and transform yourself into your own breakfast hero.
The Top 3 Protein Oatmeal Recipes to Try Today
1. Baked Banana Protein Oatmeal
If you love the smell of baked bananas permeating your entire kitchen in the morning, then this recipe from Southern in Law is heaven-sent. This clean and wholesome dish will leave you feeling satiated until your next meal.
1 c quick or rolled oats
¾ c protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 medium-sized bananas
1 tbsp vanilla extract
½ c egg whites
1 c unsweetened almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease an 8-inch round or square baking tin, then set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas and throw in all other ingredients. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the oatmeal-banana mixture into your baking tin and cook for up to 35 minutes. If you happen to use a tin with a bigger diameter, feel free to check after 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and set aside until cool enough to be sliced.
- Enjoy your freshly baked oatmeal breakfast!
Be creative and make this oatmeal pleasure more exciting. You can top it with peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, or your favorite nuts, and enjoy without guilt.
2. Apple Pie Protein Overnight Oats
This recipe from Dashing Dish not only has all the goodness of your favorite apple pie, but it also packs an extra punch, considering that added scoop of protein plus nourishing Greek yogurt.
1 c diced apple
¼ c honey or maple syrup
¾ c low-fat or unsweetened almond milk
½ c low-fat Greek yogurt or unsweetened applesauce
1 c oats
¼ c protein powder
¼ tsp of salt
½ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp of pumpkin or apple pie spice
- In a bowl, combine honey or maple syrup and diced apple.
- Microwave the mixture for at least 1 minute, up to 90 seconds, tops. (If you don’t have a microwave, a saucepan over a stove will do the trick.)
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and toss in all the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Using two separate containers with lids, divide the bowl’s contents and refrigerate overnight.
- Pull up your bed covers and relax.
You can now sleep soundly knowing a mouth-watering protein oatmeal breakfast is waiting for you when you wake up.
Tip: want a more lip-smacking version of this dish? Mix in a few drops of vanilla extract for a little something extra.
3. Oatmeal Protein Breakfast Cookies
Who wouldn’t want to eat cookies for breakfast? This recipe posted on Genius Kitchen is a must-try. It’s like having dessert for breakfast.
2 c quick oats
½ c milk of choice
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1-2 tbsp cinnamon, to taste
1/3 c brown sugar or honey
- Heat the oven up to 325F (163C).
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and dive in!
Add these three protein oatmeal recipes into your daily meal planning and wake up to a new and exciting breakfast every day.